14 February 2013

What is Godzilla?


          So, I have to write a research paper for my History of the Moving Image class.  (I should be doing that right now, actually.)  And as I was browsing the internet, I stumbled upon this article about Godzilla.  In it he talks about what Godzilla symbolically means.  I've always just thought he was a representation of the nuclear bomb; but I guess he's more than that.  So, he explains what Godzilla symbolized originally and how this has changed over the years.  He also talks about what the other monsters represent.  I really like Godzilla so I thought this was interesting.

     So, HERE it is.

          It's not that long; so if your bored, go ahead and give it a read.  And after having read this, all of those cheesy movies from the 70s take on a whole new meaning...

     But that's just my opinion...




No comments:

Post a Comment