25 February 2013

New Star Wars Movies


          So, this is really old news (if you haven't heard it yet, where have you been?) but I've been too busy to talk about it.  Disney bought LucasFilm and are planning on making another trilogy (which take place after the original three), JJ Abrams is set to direct Star Wars: Episode VII, and they are making some spin-off films staring Han Solo, Boba Fett and possibly Yoda.

          I don't know how I feel about this.  I like Star Wars but this sounds like too much of a good thing.  But then again, I don't know when these films will be released and how close together, but with all the news coming out now, it just sounds like the market will be flooded with new Star War films.  I don't want to see Star Wars become like the Saw franchise where a new movie is released every year.  But, we will have to take that as it comes.

          But the thing that concerns me the most is the Han Solo spin-off movie. The problem with that is A) Harrison Ford is too old for a stand alone film and B) Harrison Ford is Han Solo.  They just can't cast another actor to replace Harrison Ford; that's just stupid.  Who ever they cast will always be in Harrison Ford's shadow.  I think they should just move on, leave the original characters alone, and make movies with new characters and new stories, but in the same universe.  I would be more interested in the rumored Star Wars movie based on Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (though, who knows if the rumor is true or not.)

          Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see the future of Star Wars.  There's not much we can do now except wait to see what happens next.  But, I don't think we will have to wait too long as there is already a trailer for the new Yoda movie out...


     But that's just my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment