18 November 2012

The Host (trailer)


          At the beginning of the year a teaser trailer came out for this and I wrote about how bad it looked.  And that trailer did make the movie look stupid.  But now, a real trailer is out and it looks considerably better.

     HERE is the new trailer.

          After watching this new trailer, I actually think this looks pretty good.  I think part of the reason is it reminds me of Animorphs, which I really like.  Animorphs is a story about parasitic aliens that take over human bodies and use them as host.  I heard somebody nay saying on this, saying it looked too much like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  But I disagree.  With IotBS, the people are completely replaced with aliens, but in The Host, the human mind is taken over by an alien.  Completely different.  At one point somebody, referring to our protagonist, says "if her will has survived, along with her memories, she may resist from within".  And that totally sounds like something from Animorphs; there are times when the alien has difficulty controlling the revolting host.  Basically I'm saying I'm interested in this film because it reminds me of Animorphs.

          So, I have high hopes for this; I hope it doesn't suck.  It looks interesting and seems like it could touch on some interesting themes.  But, we will have to wait til March.

     But that's just my opinion...



1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for this movie! That teaser trailer looked ridiculous but this one looks cool. I'm curious to see how they do it since the book mainly takes place in her head. And Saoirse Ronan looks so different here.

    ReplyDelete