29 February 2012

The Avengers (trailer)


          Ok, so this is now the 2nd or 3rd or 4th trailer for The Avengers.  (Who is really keeping track of how many there are?)  So, before I start, you should probably watch it.  (Though, if you're reading this, you probably have already seen it).  But, here it is anyways:

     HERE is 2:24 of complete and utter awesome!

          With each trailer that is released, this movie becomes more and more epic!  It looks like this goes all out:  everything's exploding, everybody's fighting each other, everything's exploding some more!  This is definitely going to be an edge of your seat, thousand mph action flick!  It looks great.

          I'm not too familiar with Thor and his universe, but Loki looks great.  I'm really excited for him to be the villain in this.  He's classy looking but still menacing.

He even has a pimp cane!
He just seems like the guy who can outsmart the good guys.  He appears ruthless.  Loki just doesn't seem like the kind of guy you would want to mess with.

          Ok, now, let's move on to some things that bother me.  Number 1:  Mark Ruffalo.  I've not seen any of his work (except for Where The Wild Things Are but I don't think that counts) but he just doesn't feel like Bruce Banner to me.  I look at Robert Downey Jr. and I see Iron Man.  I look at Chris Hemsworth and I see Thor.  But, when I look at Mark Ruffalo, I don't see Bruce Banner.  I don't know; we'll have to see how it goes.  Oh, and I just stumbled on this:

That is pretty sweet.
          Let's move on to Cap.  Every time he appears on screen, his costume bothers me.  It just looks weird.  And I don't like it.  Let's compare it to the first costume:


The Avengers (2012)

Captain America (2011)
I'm sorry to say this, but the new costume just looks silly.  Having his neck covered looks dorky.  It looks like a "costume".  On the other hand, the one from Captain America looks like a uniform; it looks practical.  The top one looks like something you would where to a party whereas the bottom looks like something you would wear into combat.  I don't know why they feel the need to change everything all the time.  They should just stop.

          Finally, what is the thing at the end?  It looks like something left over from a Transformers movie or something.  Then again, I'm not familiar with the comics, so it could be something canonical.  But to me, it looks like they are trying to jump on the Transformers bandwagon.

         Oh, one last thing.  Why does Nick Fury have a bluetooth?


He looks like a tool.

          Actually, one more thing, Jeremy Jahns, does a pretty good job of reviewing the trailer as well on his YouTube channel.

     Click HERE to check it out.

          Though the trailer says 26 April, it doesn't come out til 4 May in the US.  Sad day.


     But that's just my opinion...



No comments:

Post a Comment